"_Cut_ the fool" and "_cut_ the slave" (not really interesting)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Aug 7 14:20:51 UTC 2012

On Aug 7, 2012, at 7:05 AM, Eric Nielsen wrote:

> Because we have a number of fans of this group here, I thought I'd pass
> this along:
>
> http://www.acguitar.com/article/default.aspx?articleid=27430
>
> Eric

Tbe "new album" referred to above has indeed been released, and it's excellent:  "Leaving Eden".  Many of the songs on it were part of the set they performed in New Haven earlier this summer, but some of the songs on the album (that's one of those how-you-call-'em, terms originating from now outdated technology) were recorded with the earlier make-up of the group, which now includes a Haitian-born cellist not pictured in this write-up.  Rhiannon Giddens definitely appears to be the leader of the group, but they're all excellent, as is their repertoire.

LH