euphemism watch: "fashion health"

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Tue Aug 7 23:57:12 UTC 2012

--

I don't expect to see this sort of term penetrating the Anglosphere like
"karaoke" did.

The Japanese term is apparently "fasshon herusu".

The Japanese Wikipedia page (with this heading) --

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%83%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3%E3%83%98%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B9

-- describes the "herusu" activities (in principle) as "kisu" (i.e.,
"kiss") and "pettingu" (i.e., "petting"), to male climax ... without
"honban koui" (actual sexual intercourse).

Cf. "deribarii herusu" (i.e., "delivery health") (abbrev. "deriheru"),
services of the same sort delivered to a customer's home or hotel room.

Cf. "soupurando" (i.e., "soapland"), where one can supposedly get
similar services with a bath. (Wikipedia says this word replaced
"torukoburo" = "Turkish bath" after a Turkish scholar complained.)

-- Doug Wilson