"hero"

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 10 14:58:10 UTC 2012

Paul Johnson wrote: <<<I'm reminded of one of the joint Chief[s] of Staff,
when being complemented on the multiple ribbons festooning his chest. "Most
of those are for showing up to work.">>>

WB: In other words (Wikipedia): <<<*Awards and decorations of the United
States Military* are military awards and decorations which recognize
service and personal accomplishments while a member of the United States
Armed Forces. Together with military badges, such awards are a means to
outwardly display the highlights of a service member's career.>>>

WB: I usually wore on my academic gown two gaudy service medals from the
Ministry of Education of the R.O.C. for showing up to class for twenty-five
years. To add more bling to my last commencement, I pinned on three Army
ribbons, earned by showing up at three clusterfucks. I got saluted by an
R.O.C. Army colonel. Guess you guys are just burnt out from all the
senseless wars and killings in the Homeland. If you come to China, leave
your guns at home.