Revenge of the quote

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Aug 16 17:25:29 UTC 2012

At 8/16/2012 09:23 AM, Amy West wrote:
>(Honestly, I'm not surprised re: the larger story of plagiarism by
>Zakaria: he's outputting *a lot*, and I think with such a volume you're
>going to end up doing that either intentionally or unintentionally.)

Is that a sufficient excuse?  Doris Kearns Goodwin's excuse was (I
think) that she didn't check the work of her assistants
sufficiently.  (I suspect she also didn't credit their work
sufficiently either.  But then I'm a suspicious sort.  I often do not
trust secondary sources, but go back to the primary.  You can guess
what the result often is.)

Joel