FW: word of the year?

Hollis Barnhart hbarnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM
Mon Aug 20 18:17:35 UTC 2012

David, of course, it makes one wonder how he defines war rape: "The loser
wins the consolation prize of offering herself to the victor?"  Hollis

"Bosnia's rape babies: abandoned by their families, forgotten by the state"
BY KATE HOLT IN SAREJEVO AND SARAH HUGHES   TUESDAY 13 DECEMBER 2005
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/bosnias-rape-babies-abandoned-by-their-families-forgotten-by-the-state-519257.html

According to Wikipedia article on war rape,  Anthony Beevor, in his book
_Berlin: The Downfall, 1945_  [Viking, 2002] says that "3.7% of all
children born in Germany from 1945 to 1946 had Soviet fathers."  While
WikiP offers no footnote (I'm trying to find a German government source
that corroborates this-- or at least Beevor's source) a 2002
*Guardian*excerpt leaves little doubt that he didn't write it:
"They raped every German female from eight to 80"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2002/may/01/news.features11 .

sent from my phone

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/post/legitimate-rape-and-todd-ak