owners are waiving in their commitment

Mon Aug 20 21:48:45 UTC 2012

News Corp. and Disney Plan to Yank Hulu Content, But Hope to up Subscriptions
Jason Mick (Blog) - August 20, 2012 4:00 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/News+Corp+and+Disney+Plan+to+Yank+Hulu+Content+But+Hope+to+up+Subscriptions/article25459.htm

[Begin excerpt]
In short, this is a very volatile time for Hulu.  Its big media
network owners are waiving in their commitment, even as its top
leadership consider seizing their golden parachutes and leaping off
the ship.  Ultimately the big media owners may be most to blame for
this.
Source: Variety
[End excerpt]

"...network owners are waiving in their commitment, …"

I would use "wavering". Maybe there is some confusing with a phrase
like "owners have waived their commitment". But that has a different
meaning. I find it difficult to search for instances of this use. It
may be isolated.

Garson