Labov on vowel shifts

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 27 22:14:29 UTC 2012

If you didn't know that a renoun person was saying those two phonemes were different, would you say they were different?  I sure wouldn't.  Perhaps he meant to put a y-glide in "dew" but I didn't hear it.

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk