nabe (attrib.) 'neighborhood': 1922, 1938

Thu Aug 30 05:27:41 UTC 2012

Here is the article from the reporter who was asking about "nabe",
Henry Grabar of The Atlantic Cities (he cites both Michael Newman and
me):

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhoods/2012/08/nabe-or-hood-brief-history-shortening-neighborhood/3074/