OED: "monkey's wedding"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 2 13:34:53 UTC 2012

My grandmother told me about "sunshowers" ca1952.

I thought it was weird that it could rain while the sun was shining. IMO,
sunshowers are very brief.

I've read (but never heard) "The devil is beating his wife."  I've never
seen an explanation of it.

JL