space, n.; happen v.

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Dec 3 01:25:26 UTC 2012

On Dec 2, 2012, at 4:28 PM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

> Read what her students think:
> http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=1406022&all=true
>
> Notable is the way one of them uses "prompt" to mean "examination question"
> :
>
> 2011: "She gives you the prompts a week before hand for the inclass final
> essays so you can plan them and definitely get an A."

"I loved this class it was sooo easy all u have to do is go to lecture everything u will ever need to know will be said there,dont even bother with the books especially ovid it would be a waste of time to read that."

O tempora! O mores!  Imagine a class in mythology (et al.) in which you end up concluding that reading the Metamorphoses is a waste of time, and there's no point reading anything else either.  You won't even get to my favorite line of Ovid's--"Video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor."  Story of my life.

LH