"_Sorry_ f ür die lange Wartezeit!" v. "_遗憾_ =?UTF-8?Q?_f=C3=BCr_?=die lange Wartezeit!" [NT]

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 3 02:26:54 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM, Benjamin Barrett <gogaku at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> As to why someone who knows English really well would *bother* learning a lot of Chinese, I suppose that's a matter of whether someone is greatly interested in Mandarin.

That goes without saying.

Many years ago, I studied it myself. But that was only out of
intellectual curiosity, not because I was preparing for a future in
which knowledge of Chinese would be the primary economic, social, or
scientific engine in addition to one's native language and possibly of
even greater general importance than one's native language.

--
-Wilson
-----