More Futurama

Sissy SoFunk sissy.sofunk at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 4 04:13:10 UTC 2012

I've always used (and heard) "mack/macking on" to mean hitting on or
flirting with, including a few portmanteaus I've come across (for instance,
when people, generally young men, use their involvement in politics to pick
up dates, we called them 'macktivists').  I can also find "macking" defined
as pimping in the 1971 'Black Slang: A Dictionary of Afro-American Talk".
 All clearly sexual in nature, but when did the shift happen?  I can't find
much recorded usage before the mid 90s.