ESL in USA

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 5 16:53:24 UTC 2012

I copied this from a forum I'm in.  My take is that truespel phonetics can only help with this.  Repeating the same instruction methods won't result in better results.

Here is a study that found immigrants need to speak English in order to function in their new lives
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/89-624-x/89-624-x2007000-eng.pdf

Here is one that shows after 1,000 hours in adult ESL class students didn’t learn to speak any better than the control group that was not in school at all.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/evaluation/linc/2010/impact.asp#note42

You only have to google 'functional literacy' in United States, or Canada or Australia... and you will find a plethora of studies like this. 40% of English speaking North Americans can't read the dosage on an aspirin bottle. http://1.usa.gov/YNYfa4

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk