Q: "Nantucket coach"?

Sun Dec 9 05:01:15 UTC 2012

There is a term "Nantucket sleighride" "Nantucket sleigh-ride"
"Nantucket sleigh ride" that may help to illuminate "Nantucket coach"
or it may be unrelated.

The OED has an entry for it:
Nantucket sleigh ride, n.
U.S. slang
  Esp. among whalers: the towing of a boat by a harpooned whale or
shark; an instance of this.
1835   F. Warriner Cruise Potomac xxv. 311   ‘Now for a Nantucket
sleigh ride!’ and away went the little boat in the direction of the
line of the harpoon.

Wikipedia has an entry for Nantucket sleighride
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantucket_sleighride

I originally heard of the term Nantucket Sleighride because it was
used as an album title in the 1970s by the rock band Mountain.

Garson