[off-list] Re: [ADS-L] "fanny", n.4

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Sun Dec 16 04:53:09 UTC 2012

--

I don't know for sure that it was [only] men who named whoever's body
parts, and I don't know how one could reliably estimate the respective

In recent times these names appear to be [mostly] male. But Farmer and
Henley show (for the female part) ... among _many_ other words ... a few
apparent given names: Aunt Maria, Black Bess, Itching Jenny, Lady Jane,
Madge, and of course Fanny.

-- Doug Wilson