[off-list] Re: [ADS-L] "fanny", n.4

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 16 13:00:46 UTC 2012

"Willy" seems to have started in the UK.

I first heard it used by an American - who'd been in the Peace Corps in
Afghanistan in the '70s - in 1984. He'd heard it from Brits.

That was after sixteen years of slang research, including nearly ten years
of student questionnaires (though the students were mostly from the
Mid-South).

JL