to model = 'to copy; imitate, esp. in behavior'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 16 16:11:34 UTC 2012

Have read and heard this so many times I can't stand it. To day a child
psychologist recommends on CNN that parents not betray any of their own
anxieties when discussing the school shooting with their children.  The
children can then "model the parents' feelings."

Don't be fooled by OED 3b or 10b. They're different.

JL