"Mouse over NP" > "mouseover" v.

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 22 00:48:38 UTC 2012

It's more general phenomenon than this lex.item. Haven't you noticed people
using "login" as a verb instead of "log in", for years now?

But the process we see in "adding a mouseover" is old and wholly completely
productive:
V+Particle → N or Adj (treated as one word). E.g., oh, let's see...

   - kickback
   - throwaway
   - drive-in
   - takeout
   - strikeout

none of which we (at least we old fogies) would use as a one-word verb,
AFAIK. Eh, Wilson?

Mark