'Texes' as plural of 'text (message)'

Damien Hall D.Hall at KENT.AC.UK
Thu Feb 2 11:44:57 UTC 2012

Darla asked:

'Is that like the way one hears "breastes" in place of "breasts"?'

I've never heard that myself, but, if 'breastes' sounds like 'bresses', then yes, that's the same phenomenon.  Is 'bresses' for 'breasts' common - and with whom?  Any other examples?

Damien

--

Damien Hall

University of Kent (UK)
Leverhulme Early Career Fellow, 'Towards a New Linguistic Atlas of France'

English Language and Linguistics, School of European Culture and Languages

Please think about coming to our conference, and tell people about it! Sat 5 May 2012:
www.facebook.com/ELL.conference.2012