'Texes' as plural of 'text (message)'

Fri Feb 3 02:42:44 UTC 2012

Brendan Behan, in Borstal Boy, published in the early-mid 1950s, if I
recall, and dealing with his years in a Borstal (reform school) in England,
gives the song as:
Hitler had just one ball,/Goering had two, but very small,/Himmler had
something similar,/but poor Goebbals had no balls at all.
(Quoting from memory, and I haven't read the book for 40+ years, but I
doubt that I am very far off.)

GAT

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:

> Clearly it's a matter of punctuation:
>
> Hitler had only one (left) ball.
>
> Joel
>
> At 2/2/2012 08:45 PM, Dan Nussbaum wrote:
>
>> Hitler had only one left ball.
>>
>> The version I heard said "Hitler had only one BIG ball."
>>

>> Dan Nussbaum

George A. Thompson
Univ. Pr., 1998, but nothing much since then.