Deathbed Quote: This Is No Time for Making New Enemies

Fri Feb 3 22:36:31 UTC 2012

Wonderful! Thanks for taking the time to look, Stephen, and thanks for
pointing to the information about Campbell. Inspired by your success I
used some additional search queries and pushed the date a little
further back.

Cite: 1856 April 30, Springfield Republican, Political Miscellanies,
Page 2, Column 1, Springfield, Massachusetts. (GenealogyBank)

The text gives the same "dying Irishman" joke with the same Lewis D.
Campbell anecdote.
Garson