'Texes' as plural of 'text (message)

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 4 07:56:23 UTC 2012

Circa 1980, I made a pun about UCLA Lx faculty & exams, and how the
professors handled their testees during exams. So, I claim this as an
original pun, and gazillions of other punsters no doubt would make the same
claim. I also came up with gaydar (using radar to locate gays) and butt
plug (use your imagination), only to hear Dr House come up with the same
expressions. I invented linguistic tsunami a few years ago, and notice it
popping up elsewhere. Spontaneous polygenesis or rip-off? Who really
invented Verner's Law?