positive "star-crossed"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 5 17:05:07 UTC 2012

My guess is that it's "star-crossed lovers" is associated with Romeo &
Juliet, about whom pop culture remembers little except that they were
crazy kids in love.

It also sounds a little like "starry-eyed," which is how lovers are
supposed to be.

The idea that real lovers could be thwarted by the zodiac is probably
too weird for all but professional astrologers.

JL