positive "star-crossed"

Sun Feb 5 19:33:24 UTC 2012

Nancy: Thanks for pointing out this intriguing semantic shift. Here
are two examples of "star-crossed" being used in a way that deviates
from the traditional Shakespearian meaning I think.

The term "star crossed" appears in a greeting card description at the
Papyrus website.
http://goo.gl/lrS05

[Begin excerpt]
Star Crossed Lovers

You’re a match made in the heavens. Metallic thread stitching, gems
and silver foil embellish this celestial Valentine’s Day card
featuring deep blue colors with a silhouette of a couple sitting on
the hillside.

Front: [blank]
Inside: You are the stars in my sky, you are my everying / Happy
Valentine's Day with all my love
[End excerpt]

The term "star crossed" is used in the headline of an article about a
"trouble-free" spacecraft at the independent.co.uk website.
http://goo.gl/HNmmj

[Begin excerpt]
Star crossed spacecraft nears Valentine's date
By Paul Recer, AP
Monday 14 February 2000

Trouble-free and performing as planned, a robot craft is on target to
become the first spacecraft to orbit an asteroid in a Valentine's Day
rendezvous with a space rock named for the Greek god of love.
[End excerpt]

Garson