"prejudice", n. [OED3], with respect to race, 1776

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Feb 7 16:06:13 UTC 2012

I had previously sent the following to Jesse, who (if I may quote him
without permission) replied to me "Thanks. A great leap backwards!"
(I'm always happy to contribute to progress.)  I'm publicizing it in
case any of the more diligent here wish to look further into the
1770s or earlier.  Note that this is "prejudice" specifically in the
context of race.

Joel