Why pick a non-English based spelling system for your country

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 8 05:49:29 UTC 2012

I have previous data published by a British source that has the US at near 71% and UK nearly 16%

Native Speakers of English by Country

According to 2006 Census
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language

country millions  %

USA         215   66%
UK           61   19%
Canada      18.2   6%
Australia   15.5   5%
Nigeria      4     1%
Ireland     3.8    1%
S Africa    3.7    1%
New Zealand 3.6    1%

Total      324.8  100%

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk