Serendipity One?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Feb 8 22:07:25 UTC 2012

East 60th is above 59th, and therefore to the east of Central
Park.  I didn't go "up" there from Carnegie Hall.

On the other hand, Leonard Bernstein arrived at the NY Philharmonic
in 1958, I'm told, and by then I was out of NYC and in Cambridge.  I
can't seem to turn up conductors for the Young People's concerts in the 1940s.

Joel