origin of dese dem dose in NYCE

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 13 17:01:13 UTC 2012

OTOH, the non-Dutch theory suffers from concluding that, although
Dutch and German were a dominant foreign language in NYC from the
beginnings of New Amsterdam through the 19th Century up to the General
Slocum disaster and WWI, they are thought to have no influence
whatsoever.
DanG
who wonders what accent the German-born John Jacob Astor spoke...