A mere legality

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 20 01:01:28 UTC 2012

I'm watching, Don't Try This at Home. A guy runs from one platform to
the opposite one in front of a speeding train. The engineer, unable to
see, because of the angle, whether he's hit the guy, slams on the
brakes.
Turns out that the track-crosser has suffered only a broken ankle.
Arrested, he's convicted of "causing a train to stop, for no good
reason." Makes sense. That's what he'd done, even if he'd been killed.

--
-Wilson
-----