Lincoln Never Said This

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 20 13:48:16 UTC 2012

I'll tell you something else Lincoln didn't say:

"You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the
people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of
the time.

"However, you can fool enough of the people enough of the time."

IIRC (and I confess it's been a while) I learned this from one of the
books of Bob Dobbs by the Rev. Ivan Stang of the Church of the
SubGenius, ca1984.  In fact, Rev. Ivan (b. 1953) may have attributed
it to his old man.

JL