A mere legality

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Feb 20 21:28:01 UTC 2012

At 2/20/2012 03:00 PM, Ronald Butters wrote:
>Keeping in mind that Hamlet tells us that the Almighty has fixed His
>command against self-slaughter, it seems more likely that the felony
>is attempted suicide, not suicide.

As I suggested.  But now I see another question -- if being convicted
of a felony disqualifies someone from something, such as voting, or
inheriting according to the terms of a will, can someone who has
succeeded in suicide be judged a felon via a trial by law?  (Sounds
like a long-lost book by Dickens.  Or Dorothy Sayers.)

Joel