_Mezzrow_(?), "marijuana cigarette"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 22 14:01:58 UTC 2012

_Mezzroll_ is a folk-ety form of _mezzrow_ from Milton "Mezz" Mezzrow,
distinguished jazz clarinetist,  hepcat, and "viper," whose career is
detailed in his autobio (with Bernard Wolfe) _Really the Blues_ (1946).

_RTB_ is to American memoir as Francois Villons's "Straight Tip to all
Cross Coves"  is to French poesy.

JL