_The r-word_

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 22 23:24:46 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Garson O'Toole
<adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com> wrote:
> the Greek word thymesis for "remembering"

Itself based upon _thymos_, a Greek word for "soul, spirit, as the
principle of life, feeling and thought, esp. of strong feeling and
passion" related to Latin _fumus_ - a better transliteration of the
Greek is _thumos_, which makes the relationship clearer, but I'm bound
by tradition - "smoke," the source of English "fume.".

--
-Wilson
-----