/Erjudait/

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Tue Feb 28 04:39:32 UTC 2012

--

MW3 shows /Erj at dait/ or so first, "also" /Er at dait/. Pronunciations with
and without glides are also shown for "garrulous" and "corrugate" inter

I confess that I (a sort-of-midwestern type) would say "erudite" and
"garrulous" with glide (but not "corrugate"). I might even pronounce the
middle syllable vowel as /ju/ (instead of /j@/) in careful speech.

-- Doug Wilson