to video chat

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Feb 29 16:19:03 UTC 2012

At 2/29/2012 09:02 AM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
>http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/apps-apes-orangutans-using-ipads-paint-video-chat-174457692.html
>  :
>
>"Orangutans using iPads to paint and video chat with other apes"
>
>I don't care if it's in OED or not. We should take notice of evolutionary
>leaps regardless.

When I saw that article, my skeptical hair rose slightly.  Not sure
why, except that it is not a peer-reviewed journal's description of a
well-designed experiment.  I'm awaiting Noam Chimpsky's refutation
(via iPad, of course), asserting that only humans are wired for
language ... oh, I forgot -- iPads are not wired.

Joel