Barney Rubble. ---was: dime

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Fri Jan 6 02:05:46 UTC 2012

But "Barney Rubble" does seem to make sense.  He's the character in the Flinststones cartoons, and from the little I remember of them, Barney was always getting into trouble.  Or do I remember it wrong?
Gerald Cohen

Original message from Victor Steinbok, Thu 1/5/2012 12:47 AM:
<snip>
To me, this makes about as much sense as the following exchange in, I
believe, Oceans Eleven:
"You're in Barney."
"Say what?"
"Barney--Barney Rubble... You're in trouble. Get it?"
"No."

Or something like that...

This is no longer a singular case of "in Barney"

http://goo.gl/F8rWg

http://goo.gl/wMtaq

http://goo.gl/YFOVy

http://goo.gl/vslbu
> Lesson Learned: If you're in "barney," you're in trouble.

This hidden rhyming euphemism still makes no sense to me. But I hear
it's popular in London (at least two separate sources suggest this!).

VS-)