resurface

Fri Jan 6 08:29:06 UTC 2012

OED2 does have the relevant transitive sense for "surface", defined as
"to bring to public notice" (originally in the sense "to produce or
expose (a defector, spy, etc.).", from 1955 in American usage).
Perhaps the editors didn't find enough evidence to warrant drafting a
corresponding "re-" form in the OED3 entry for "resurface".

--bgz