Dead men walking

Thu Jan 12 06:34:13 UTC 2012

Nothing to do with these quotes, but with respect to the title, my opponent once said to me "dead stones walking" in response to a move I made in a go game. That was in California, no later than 2001. (He was several levels above me and I had a total of zero stones still alive.)

I see the quote used in only one online post from a game in 2007: http://www.umich.edu/~goclub/Lectures/lecture7.sgf.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA