Breakup season

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 22 01:02:52 UTC 2012

OED has ice-break--which I thought the most likely candidate--under ice,
but neither examples nor definitions (several other "ice" compounds
suffer the same fate). Ice-breaker gets a separate article. Ice-breaking
lumps together adj.&n. and the metaphorical usage (e.g., icebreaking
questions). There are a few other terms that are either missing or need
updates. There is "ice-beer" from the latest drafts, but "ice-wine" is
not--even though Eiswein has a full entry. (Yes, "ice-wine" is used
occasionally as a calque for Eiswein.)

VS-)