Pommes frites

Sun Jan 22 19:06:57 UTC 2012

It appears you're partly right. The OED requires two cross-links to find a definition, and both have additional meanings and links, making it quite confusing. After reading them three times, I get that definition.

However, the cross-link from "pommes frites" goes to "potato chip" which is defined as both "chip"and North America "potato crisp." So I think "pommes frites" is being defined as both.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA