OT: How come WE don't get on-line libraries like this?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 24 04:57:06 UTC 2012

http://www.sardegnadigitallibrary.it/

To save those who have no interest in Sardinia from having to go to
this page, what we have here is a success in communication. A cursory
scan reveals books dating from 1639 to 2008, all - ALL! - downloadable
at no charge. The site also houses audio, video, and images,
presumably likewise free for the taking, It's not even necessary to
log on!

Needless to say, you'll search long and hard to find a publication not
at least peripherally related to Sardinia. But, WTF you want for
nothing?!

Meanwhile, American law is so oriented toward getting paid that Google
Books can't provide free access to a book from any date, if there's a
reprint under copyright in existence, and there's talk of even making
it possible to re-copyright material already out of copyright,
including orphaned works, under current law,

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain