OT: How come WE don't get on-line libraries like this?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 24 07:38:44 UTC 2012

I was purposely aiming only for truthiness. Besides, what was supposed
to catch your attention was the existence of the Digital Library of
Sardinia, a backwater region of Italy, and the fact that nothing like
it is available in the United States at any price, let alone at no
price, not inconsequential editorializing as to why that is the case..

Needless to say, the Sardinian site is under the auspices of the
regional government. Or, as some might look at it, the money is taken
from the pockets of the Italian taxpayer by a government controlled by
tax-&-spend liberals with nothing but contempt for the publishing
business and brick-&-mortar bookstores and even hard-copy libraries.

And, once again, think "truthiness," not "error."

--
-Wilson
-----