"au jus" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 26 05:16:12 UTC 2012

> "Zh" is a perfectly good way to spell the sound.
>
> As far as it being the least prevalent sound in English, is it even an
> English sound? All the words I can think of that use it are foreign
> loan words.

I like ~zh to spell that sound and borrowed it for truespel.  Here are the top words with the ~zh sound in decending order (truespel book 4)

usually

television

usual

decision

pleasure

exposure

explosion

occasion

occasionally

decisions

division

measure

vision

occasions

conclusion

version

unusual

measures

occasional

provision

visual

invasion

confusion

Asia

leisure

garage

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk