Spoken by Eliot Chang, Asian-American comic:

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 29 08:21:36 UTC 2012

Actually, what got my attention is "West-Indian". I though "Caribbean"
is more PC these days... But UK use is different. And I am not sure
what's used "at home".

I suppose, he could have meant that she was of South Asian ancestry,
e.g., Indian or Tamil, but from from the West Indies as well.

     VS-)