Speak (the) truth to power (quasi-precursors)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 5 12:55:50 UTC 2012

It's really curious that so striking a phrase should show so little
continuity of usage until the late 20th C.

Independent coinage seems unlikely - though not absolutely impossible.

JL