Bob's your Uncle antedated (?) to 1928, 1929...

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 5 15:58:35 UTC 2012

All the 1929 references are obviously to a local production of
children's play "Bob's Your Uncle", possibly by A. H. Soujer. The 1928
and 1932 pieces appear to refer to the same play, but different location
(1932 also to different production).

This also may explain the previously cited 1932 comment:
> A strident liveliness spoils "The Travels of Tramp-Royal"
> (Blackwood...) for readers not temperamentally akin to a writer who
> exclaims "Bob's your uncle!" and "Aha says I."

It's also possible that this was just an eponymously titled story,
converted into a play in 1929 (a fairly common practice with children's
stories).

VS-)