meh!

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 6 19:30:20 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Charles C Doyle <cdoyle at uga.edu> wrote:
> I have wondered whether "meh" might represent a revival or descendant of the archaic interjection "mew"--which was an expression of disapproval or derision (if not boredom or apathy).

Any connection with _feh_? My impression, from a bitch once pitched to
me, is that "feh" is - or can be felt as - a grievous insult. Her
boyfriend, when asked how he'd enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with her
family, replied only, "Feh." And she was copulating urinated off about
that, to say the least!

--
-Wilson
-----