FW: Did the dissent in the health care case misuse an Alexander Hamilton quote?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Jul 7 02:08:35 UTC 2012

At 7/6/2012 07:20 PM, Baker, John wrote:
>The dissent is by "Scalia, Kennedy, Thomas, and Alito, JJ."  That
>is, instead of one Justice writing the dissent and the others
>concurring in it, they took the unusual step of each acknowledging
>it as his own.

I read that differently -- No justice was willing to say he had
written it.  But they all subscribed to its opinion.

I think there was some comment on this point -- "who wrote it?" -- by
the New York Times Supreme Court reporter.  Perhaps I'll search it
out tomorrow.

Joel