NZ

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 7 22:45:37 UTC 2012

Here are a couple of sentences from a New Zealand news story that
grabbed my attention. "Liaise" and "liaising" seem to be mostly British
usage, but apparently spills into ANZ. The second sentence includes "a
Chinese", which also would be unusual in US press.

http://goo.gl/qyBSr
> The New Zealand Police and the Chinese Consulate were liaising over
> the incident.
> The 37-year-old driver of the bus was also a Chinese and had been
> living in Auckland for the last five years, said the statement.

  I'm not suggesting anything untoward in either expression, just noting
apparent regionalisms.

     VS-)