Caption on a nature site: "Ruby-_Throat_ Hummingbird"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 8 07:50:58 UTC 2012

In the following sentence the word, "since," means "because".

"This example is unclear, since it could be a reinterpretation..."

I use "since" like this all the time but was told I was incorrect and should use "because".  What do you think?  I've wondered about it ever since.

PS.  It's nice to be getting ads-l emails again.

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk